Monday, March 3, 2014

My First Travel Publication

This blog is my first foray into the non academic genre of writing.  After writing a dissertation, which requires edits and revisions from committee members, it's refreshing to have an unknown audience.

I discovered Pink Pangea on Facebook.  I had made a comment on one of the many travel pages I frequent, and they responded to my comment.  I checked out their page, where they post calls for a range of travel writing features.  I messaged the women who run the page, Rachel and Jaclyn, and received an immediate response and interest in my story.

I wrote about the influence my study abroad experience had on my future travels, especially my recent solo trip.  Please click here to read the article, and I hope to present you with some more publications in the near future!

One of the article's featured photos, "Older and Wiser".  Bondi Beach, Sydney, 2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment